Monday, March 17, 2008

CraftEire


CraftEire seems like a distant memory now but at least I have some fab LO's and new friends to to keep me going! I met the lovely Beckie Dreyer there and have to say a big thank you to her. When I mentioned to her that I was there on my own, she invited me to sit at her table where I also got to meet Jane Dean and Beckie's friend Hils. What a great start to my first scrapbooking event! 

I thought I'd post some of the layouts I did there. I was really happy with all of them and it was great to try some papers I wouldn't usually go for. The first layout is called 'Smile' and was done with lovely bright paper from SEI. I stayed pretty true to the layout Eva did in her class but did change the colour in the flower centres to yellow to match the yellow flower in the photo. I think it's a very happy page!



The next layout is a double page layout that was done in Amber Janes class. The paper is from Ki Memories was a perfect match for the pictures I had from Oisin's fourth birthday.




This layout was done in two parts using an acetate. I love this picture of Oisin and had been wanting to scrap it for ages. The papers from K&Co that AnnaMarie used in this class were ones I never would have chosen but I was surprised how well the LO turned out.


These papers from Fancy Pants are just gorgeous. I changed the layout just a little from the original in Amber Jane's class, leaving out the glittered wing die cuts and adding some journalling and a title instead.


When I saw these papers from Sassafrass Lass, I thought 'yuck' (sorry Eva!). But I found the perfect photo with Oisin looking through the telescope and added some chipboard stars and a few gems to give one of my favourite LO's.


Now I just have to finish off the two mini albums I started !

No comments: