Friday, January 2, 2009

Round 2 and thumbs up for Santa!


Well I made it through round 1 of the Scrapbook Apprentice competition! Yay!! And thank you to everyone who voted for me. And it's starting all over again as the los and cards for round 2 are now up on the Creativity Life blog and voting has begun again. Just click here to take a look :) We got some lovely stuff to work with for challenge 2, although I have to say I was a bit afraid of some of the strong colours when I saw them first. I really liked how the card shown on the blog turned out (my first acetate card!) and was pretty happy with my lo's (though I think I preferred the one not shown on the blog).
 I have actually already finished my los and cards for challenge 3. And it really was a challenge as we got quite a small kit with mostly cardstock ... no patterned paper allowed! I think it was the first time I ever did a lo with no patterned paper. The cardstock was core'dinations though, which I have grown to love over the last few months!!!  
And of course Santa has been and gone since my last post. He got a major thumbs up this year from Oisin (and me :) We had a great Christmas and are still enjoying the festive season ... and not having to get up early for the school run! 
Hope you all have a wonderful 2009!

2 comments:

Julie M said...

Hooray, Lynn - well done on getting through to Round 2. Have just checked the entries and, wow, yours really stands out. Have voted for you (and not just 'cos I know you!!!! LOL!!). Good luck.

Annamarie said...

Well done Lynn!! Congrats on getting through to Round 2. The very best of luck with this next stage of the competition.