Saturday, November 15, 2008

sneaks ands snaps


I can hardly believe that we are home more than a week. This week has flown by, but mostly because I have been busy working on the first scrapbook apprentice challenge. The theme for the first challenge was chocolate (as in colours) and layers and we were asked to complete 2 LOs and 2 cards. The box of goodies we were sent to use was very generous ... lots of cardstock, papers, rub-ons, letter stickers, stamps and more although I was a bit apprehensive about scrapping with so much brown! But as always, it's surprising what you can come up with when you try something new :) As promised I have a few sneaky peeks... 




The holiday was great. Plenty of sun, but not too hot. No queues. Lots to see and do. Scrapbook shops!!!! We had lots of fun in the theme parks: Oisin got to meet Spiderman, Wolverine, Cyclops and a few other superheroes. I was very proud of myself for finally getting up the nerve to go on the Hulk rollercoaster in Islands of Adventure (I had wussed out every other time I was there:)




And then of course there were the scrapbook shops. Let's just say it took about three minutes for my receipt to print out in the very gorgeous Scrappy Boutique! What a treasure trove of scrappy goodness. There were heart palpitations, let me tell you, being surrounded by endless shelves of Basic Grey, Thickers, Making Memories and more:)  And then of course I picked up a few bits in Michaels. Anyway, better go for now, but hope you're having a great weekend. 

And by the way, hi to Julie who I met in Inspiring Ideas today:)

13 comments:

liz mataraza said...

love all that layering! beautiful...can't wait to see the whole thing!

does the scrapbook store you visited have an online version?

Kate said...

Ooh I love the sneaks. Big congrats on that BTW ;-)

Kelly said...

Glad you had a nice time.
Love your sneaks - they look fabulous!!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

Hi Lynn
thank you so much for taking the time and trouble of leavingme a lovely blog comment today xx

Kirsty Wiseman said...

ps: Checking you out, Scrapbook Apprentice... good luck xx

Sarah Louise said...

Your holiday looks fab and i love your sneak peaks.

Annamarie said...

Glad you had a great holiday, it sounds fab and all the scrapbook shopping ... I'm soooo jealous. Well done you! Getting picked for scrapbook apprentice and your mention in CK, well deserved! I love the sneak peaks, can't wait for the reveal.

Cleo said...

sneek peeks look fab cant wait to see the whole thing!! the flock looks great!!

Elisa said...

The sneaks look so tempting, can't wait to see the whole version!

Great photos too, Oisin looks dangerous :-)

Mandy said...

oh those sneaks have me drooling! Looking great, cant wait to see in full!! Hope you are well!

Mandyxx

L-Bee said...

Hi Lynn, sounds like you had a fab holiday!!!! Congrats on getting picked for the scrapbooking apprentice.....

Check out my blog, I've given you an award!!

Kelly said...

Great blog and beautiful work! Best Wishes!

Lia said...

looks like a fabulous LO ...the best of luck with it